Thursday, August 30, 2007

Converse "Chuck Taylor" All Star Hi Top


Converse has been a legendary brand within the United States but hardly known outside it. They started operations in 1908 and were majorly involved in manufacturing basketball shoes under the sub brand of "All Star". Converse held the position of being the official shoe of NBA for many years before being upstaged by the likes of Nike, Reebok and Adidas.


They filed for bankruptcy in 2001 and were bought out by Nike in 2003, under whom they have seen a revival of sorts.

The Chuck Taylor branding refers to the basketball player who worked with them as an ambassador to promote the shoe. His name has been added to the "All Star" patch since 1923.
I finally got my blue Hi Tops at a fabulous sale in Singapore. I had wanted red but they didn't have any in my size, so that! However, I am now a proud owner of the famous chucks and intend to make the most out of them.

1 comment:

Adsense Image Banner