Sunday, November 09, 2008

James Bond - Bond no more (A quick critique on Quantum of Solace)

I am not going to descend into a lengthy tirade against the non-existent story but multiple action sequences stitched together, do not a movie make. I can watch any of those fantastic bombastic -tastic action sequence programmes on AXN for that. I entered the hall looking for a Bond I knew and loved. Suave, Charming, graceful and over the top even in the line of fire. One that knew how to walk the talk and talk the walk. What I got was another dose of Bourne, XXX and their likes. James is now Jason. Fill it, shut it, forget it.

I can't comment on Daniel Craig's acting because there is not a single scene that requires him to. He just walks fast, talks fast, runs fast, falls fast and flies fast turning his head like a robot all the time. He simply does not exude the charisma that made every single male exiting the hall think they are Bond for the next few days. That's a Blue Collar Bond for you. There is only one scene that evoked any emotion out of me and that had nothing to do with Bond. The villain dips one of James's lays in fossil fuel and leaves her dripping on the bed. Diabolical! If this is the new Bond who does not give a damn whether his martini is shaken or stirred, I say we nominate one of the villains to play bond next time. Best bond ever? Ha! Far from it.

Please share your opinion on this post in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense Image Banner